Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t find the answers you’re looking for here, please contact Team911.com at Info@Team911.com, submit an Idea Box suggestion or call 323.739.8911.
Why should I use Team911.com vs Facebook or Linkedin?
We certainly are not Facebook or LinkedIn or any other social media provider. We too have a Facebook and LinkedIn presence (i.e., Twitter). We feel that each of these Social Media providers has a specific strength, as does Team911.com.
As many of you are aware, most of the commercial Social Media sites are blocked on City/County/State networks. We HOPE that Team911.com will not be. We are an information sharing portal that offer's a twist on Social Media...namely we are behind a secured login.
Team911.com is using Face Book as our Public Facing Information. We will have limited information available within our site for those outside our Membership in order to become educated on Public Safety and learn more about our mission.
We will also be providing the ability to interact with other Social Media in Phase II of our implementation.
To conclude... use them all... but use Team911.com to securely share information and communicate with those in Public Safety across the Globe!
I would like to request a NEW GROUP - what do I do?
- Be logged in as a MEMBER (requesting member should be the proposed Group Administrator)
- User the NAV bar to locate Member Resources/ Request a NEW GROUP
- Complete the online NEW GROUP request form
- Wait to be notified that the GROUP has been created
Is there a limit to the number of GROUPS I can request?
In Theory NO. Please take into consideration the time to effectively manage a GROUP. Stale content will result in a GROUP where no one participates.
NOTE: Many Groups will have:
- A PUBLIC group, Where any WEB visitor can see the group (can replace your WEB SITE)
- A Members only GROUP, Members must log in to see group and participate
- A PRIVATE/Hidden Group, where the Board of Directors (example) can communicate
Once my NEW GROUP is in place, what are my next steps?
Navigate to your NEW GROUP by:
- Searching for Groups
- Navigating to your profile and selecting the group from the Left Hand margin
- Navigate to MANAGE MY PROFILE then select GROUPS and then select the NEW GROUP
Explore the Group Admin Options
How do I hide information (Personal and Professional) from other users?
Navigate to your profile, select BIO, then the EDIT button to the right of the area you desire to EDIT. Look to the LEFT of the information you will see a PERSON Icon or a LOCK. The person Icon indicates the information is visible lock indicates the information is hidden
How do I Find an INVOICE?